Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Monster or a mother?

I have three children. Age 8, 5 and 1. Today I screamed at that them for being nuisance which is basically being them... kids. I regret after but when I was shouting and angry at them... I do realized at one point I was more like a monster than a mother.

Sometimes, I just cant help myself. My eldest just refuse to learn anything, from school or from me, Rather spend his time watching TV and playing games. My middle child just want to focus only on her. When I was just about to feed her sister she will ask me to prepare food for her and telling me that she was really hungry when I just geve her two plates of rice. That is not the only example. And my youngest just do not want to back down from all the attention that I am giving my other two children.

Finally, in the evening when I was super tired and they still playing their games making all the fuss and being nuisance, I screamed. Really shout out loud. I just cant take it anymore. They do not want to listen to what I say but I have to listen to them. Which psychologist actually put a write up on being a good listener to their children. Obviously, that person do not have children.

The more you listen to them, the more they want it. I do realized sometimes my kids became very selfish. This is just hard. Trying to teach them what is right and what is wrong. That is why, sometimes I do feel like I am a monster than a mother expecially when I shout at them.

2 comments:

Didie said...

Have a read:

http://parenthots.com/features/Meet-supermum-Fatimah-Abu-Bakar.aspx

Don't feel bad for yourself eh. I pun sama jugak macam you. U're not alone on this ;-)

Mimi Liana said...

Thanks Didie... Botak kepala cucu sedara aku ko kerjakan.