Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year 2010

When we were young, the adults always ask the kids what they are going to be when they grow up. Why? Does it really matter what they want to be at the time with what they actually going to be.

When I was young, my parents encouraged me to be a doctor. Until I was ten, I realized that I l0ve to find facts and put up a good argument with anyone. So, I wanted to be a lawyer. By the time I was twelve, I really couldn't be bothered what I want to be anymore.

The fact is, I had no idea what kind of life is waiting for me before and what kind of life that is promised to me now. Do having a bachelor degree an assurance of anything for your future. I doubt that. So, when I was twelve, when people ask what I was going to be, I said I do not know. I am just living the moment.

A lot of reaction that I got. Some like it and some was confused. I dont really care about them. Not my problem if they do not like my answer.

At the age 32, my mum was telling me a few months back that my brother is getting promoted to better position in the company and so is my sister. My eldest is doing well and buying a new luxury car. I realized that I did not sound exciting or bother actually. I am a housewife that is taking care of my own kids full time. I have more things in my mind than promotion or cars. At the time I was realizing the fact that I was happy with what I have. When my mum said that one day I will have my own luxury car and let her be on the driver's seat, the first thing I asked her was... " Do I have to have a luxury car?". I am not going to elaborate my mum's reaction on my question.

Since then, my only resolution is to maintain happiness. At least let it be status quo. Better, why not. This year, is the same thing. Maintain my happiness, if I can be more happy than I am now, why not.

Happy New Year! 2010!

No comments: