Friday, May 9, 2008

Turkey trip - 1st day tour

This is at the Istanbul airport. We arrived around 2.30pm, their time. While waiting for my parents in law coming out from the airplane, we took some photos with the airplane that we board to Istanbul from Bahrain as the background. Gulf Air services was good. My children were not so bored even the journey from KLIA to Bahrain took around 8 hours and another 4 hours from Bahrain to Istanbul. They were given some activity book to keep them occupied.


It was a long journey. We had to use a ferry to get to Anatolia. Basically the Asia side of Turkey. Turkey consist of the Europe side and the Asia side. It was super cold on the ferry. I did not dare to even go out of the bus. My children did with my hubby.


The journey to cross the strait took almost 45 minutes. Since the bus driver was not there... Of course... my son has to take over. Who else..?


Oh yeah... My daughter also had to take over when her brother was tired... Just kidding...



Around 7.30om, we arrived the hotel. We stayed at Iris Hotel. The room was super cool as they did not turn on the heater. My children cried many times that night as they were feeling cold most of the night. Obviously... I was not able to get proper sleep.






No comments: