Friday, May 9, 2008

Turkey trip - Transit in Bahrain

First thing I saw when I was in Bahrain was the Coke can was written in Jawi. Cool... We should have this in Malaysia...since that our children are being taught Jawi in school.





Transit in Bahrain was a really funny. The transit was overnight before we fly to Istanbul, Turkey. But, we were not told that our baggage were not coming with us. Luckily we had a pair of pants and a T-shirt each in our backpack. Lucky also, my children were carrying their own backpack. So... got enough milk and diapers for that one night. Luckily..it was only for one night.


The hotel room that was given to us was quite comfy. But we saw how Bahrain has strong Indian influence. Their food and also socially. I saw a few hindi and Tamil film there. The workers here are basically for India or at least for that region such as Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

This is a very Islamic country also. We could here Azan loud and clear for every prayer time. However... on the night we were there.. they were having a party or some kind of festival downstairs and the music was super loud. I was not able to sleep properly.



2 comments:

Didie said...

Hi Auntie Yana..heheh Sue here.
Kewl ekk ;-) I have a tee written Ishrab Coca Cola (Drink Coca Cola) in Jawi. My mum got it for me from Egypt.

Mimi Liana said...

Really??? Egypt and Bahrain banyak pakai jawi... but not in Turkey.