Sunday, December 30, 2007

4 reasons not to buy...

Two days ago, a friend of mine called and asked me to join her in One Utama. Shopping... what else... before the Mega Sales ends. I said no.. as I just came back from my aunt's place and I have to go and pick up my children from school.

However, her call reminds me of the last time we went out and shop. That was about a year plus ago. We went shopping somewhere... I just can't remember where exactly and we stopped at one of the hottest boutique. As usual, we tried anything that we like. I never really shop at these places. But, since I was a teenager, I always love to try on something. But never really bought anything. Really truly window shopping.

Come back to the story about shopping with this friends of mine. At the shop, I tried on a jeans. Nice. She was pushing me to buy it. I looked at the price and that was it. I put it back immediately. It was way to expensive for a jeans. RM500!!! Crazy...!!! My friends still tried to make me buy the jeans. Finally, I make her keep her mouth quiet, after I gave her these reasons... Especially the final reason..

1. After spending RM500 on a pair of jeans, the chances are, I won't be using it often. I would only wear it at certain occasion. What a waste? Spending RM500 then, never really use it as much as the price/value.

2. Spending RM500 on a pair of jeans and or spend RM500 for so many other things. Of course, the chances are, I won't be able to save it and put it in my Tabung Haji or ASB.I'd rather spend RM500 on so many other things. At least I got so many other things compared to only one pair of jeans.

3. It is just a pair of jeans. My RM19.90 jeans that I bought in Giant has gone from New Zealand, to Jakarta and so many other places and I am still wearing it. No one really cares as long as I am wearing something instead of going naked.

4. There is no difference between wearing a RM19.90 jeans and RM500 jeans. That is for sure. Because if I fart, it will still smell horrible. Unless, of course the RM500 jeans can make my gas smells nice.

No comments: