Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hari Raya Qurban

We Muslims celebrate Eid Adha two days ago. This year is a bit interesting as I actually I brought my children to watch how the cow was slaughtered. I was not sure how their reaction would be. However, I did gave them some preview for about three days before the Qurban day. I also told them that there are going to be dead cow, blood and many other things. They seems cool about it especially my little girl. After seeing the preview, they were so excited to see the real event. so.. I took some of the pictures. To show how beef that we have been eating were slaughtered and cut. How amazing Allah's creation a simple animal as a cow can give so much to so many people. I realized that so many people believe that this an act of cruelty on animals. But, for some people that are really poor, to eat meat for once in a while is a big bless. Because the meat that they eat helps to give them energy for them to continue with their daily life.

This is when the it was just died. And the butchers were starting to skin the cow. They have to make sure that the cow has really died before they start skinning the cow.


The skin was off. The did it in less than two minutes. At this point, my children was really interested to know what beneath the skin. At the same time they keep on telling , "Shian Cow".


This is when my children started to ask, what was the things that the butchers was bringing out. I told them that this is how the internal organs look like.


This is clearer picture of the internal organs. The heart, lungs and also other organs can be seen from here. My girl has always wanted to become a doctor when she grow up. Let just see if she if she is still interested to be one.


This was where the distribution of the meat was done where the person who paid for the cow to be slaughtered only gets 1/3 of the meat, while the rest is for the poor and needy.

It was an interesting day besides the prayer in the morning. I learned that kids can have so many questions that I had to do my research to know the answers. After they found the answers that they seek. They continue with their games and being kids. As usual.

No comments: