Thursday, September 2, 2021

Meltdown for ADHD daughter

 Do I understand why? Nope

Do I know the reason of the meltdown? Nope

Should I even ask? Nope

Then, what should I do?

Wait and be there patiently and keep my mouth shut. In short, don't even try to sweet talk and rationalise anything of her condition and situation. 

Feed her. When it is time to eat. Still, don't say a word. Just feed her if I have to and or wait if she can eat on her own. Simple food, make anything complicated. Done eating let her on her own and juts check on her time to time. Oh! Don't forget to kiss and hug her time to time. 

If she has medicine make sure she takes her medicine. and make sure we hide them well. As they tend to overdose as that is the only way they know that whatever in their head will stop or just becomes better and clearer. or maybe anything else. I don't know. but yes... just be there.

I am no expert but this is so far helps with my daughter's meltdown. She is 17 the day after tomorrow. But she is still my baby girl.


No comments: